The New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems is a 120-credit level 5 programme with eight
compulsory courses that can be completed in two trimesters. This programme provides stair-casing into the Bachelor of Information Technology at Whitireia.
What you will learn:
Develop your skills in creating programs, web pages, networks and databases. Learn the fundamentals of software design and development. Build knowledge of the IT industry. Around 60 percent of the programme is practical – you’ll learn by working on real problems.
Potential Career Options
Graduates of this diploma will have the skills and knowledge to gain employment in roles such as process mapping, project administration, records management, entry level application administration, and other entry level roles in Information Systems.
Schedule of Courses
- IT5481-Communication Studies
- IT5482-Fundamentals of Data Models and Databases
- IT5483-Fundamentals of Software Development and Design
- IT5485-Mathematics for Information Technology
- IT5486-The Information Technology Environment
- IT5427-Fundamentals of Networking
- IT5428-Introduction to Operating Systems
Proven equivalence of entry requirements plus IELTS 6.0 (with no band lower than 5.5) or equivalent.
- Or New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4)
- Or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.5.
Meet The Team
Further study options
You can credit transfer towards: