Prepare for entry-level roles in hospitality and tourism or progress to higher level programmes. You can gain up to 42 credits towards NCEA Level 2.
This programme is for Youth Guarantee students only (ages 16-19 years). Youth Guarantee can help cover your fees, course-related costs and travel. This could be ideal if you want to keep learning, but feel school is no longer right for you.
What you will learn
- Prepare and clear areas for counter and table food service
- Make and serve beverages and counter food in a café
- Understand health and safety for the hospitality industry
- Build core skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving and self-management
- Gain knowledge of domestic and international visitors to New Zealand and the positive effects on our economy
- Describe characteristics of New Zealand as a tourist destination
- Understand what motivates people to travel within or to New Zealand
- Apply basic knowledge of digital media and the internet for tourism
This programme is for Youth Guarantee students (16-19 years old).